Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Thing

My thing is being me.  There are other things that are included in being me.  I like to write.  I like to love on my loved ones.  I like my family.  Laughing is my thing.  My thing is creating.  My thing is making others happy.  My thing is also to pray.  Oh, and a thing of mine is to dream and plan for dreams and plans that will happen.

I started this blog to capture the fleeting, precious moments of time.  However, I refrain from spilling out my heart.  Sometimes my struggles are private.  But I need to learn how to express what I learn from my struggles, after the hard moments have passed, and capture those in a post to remind myself (and possibly others) of the thoughts and lessons that come from a resolved fight, the morning sunshine after a stressful night, or getting my head back on straight after losing my cool.

These are part of growing, and becoming more me.  And being me is my thing, remember? 

Having this blog is also making me more aware of how many photos I do not capture.  I want to remember these days.  If you go a week, two weeks, three weeks, without capturing a photo, you have really lost a lot of time.  I want to capture the sweat after Kaden's ball game on a warm day, or the pajama shirt that Kylie grew out of as of last night.  I want to remember the laughter Keane brings to my life and the songs he plays on the guitar.  I want to remember my parents' smiles when they see their grandson, and my sister's when she sees me.  I want to remember the friends my brother has now and the memories that they'll never forget.  I want to capture, and recapture, my pets because they won't be around forever.

The me that I want to capture and remember includes the daily grind, the jokes that make me laugh over and over, my big-but-not-so-big dreams, the momentaneous moments, and the life-altering ones.  That is why I started this blog, and that is what I intend to do better with.


So I'll be me while writing, reading books, laughing, taking pictures, enjoying my family, loving the sunshine, and drinking Mountain Dew.  Oh, and working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...