Thursday, August 08, 2013

Nashville, Day 3 of 4

On Saturday morning, the alarm on my phone went off at 8:00 a.m., but I quickly turned it off and we slept until about 10:00 a.m.  We finally got up and ready, while Keane drank a couple beers, and went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch.


This is where we ate a couple years ago with the whole family, and we loved it and knew we had to go back.  It was just as good this time.  We ordered hummus for an appetizer and a small house special pizza.  By the time I thought about taking a picture of the food, it was all gone.  It was that good...or we were that hungry.  Keane tried a couple beers from local breweries and fell in love with the Mellow Mushroom beer glass. 


The manager of the store asked us how our food was, and Keane asked if he could buy the glass.  The manager said he wasn't sure.  Keane offered $5.00 and the guy said he'd have to see how many they had, and make a "button."  Using my context clues, I think he meant he had to have a selection in their computer system to sell a glass.  He successfully made such "button" and sold the glass to Keane! 


Four of our friends, Ashton, Michael, John, and Nancy, left home at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday to come to Nashville for the day.  They were in town, so we went back to Bootleggers Inn to meet up with them, and so Keane could have a jalapeno moonshine bloody Mary.  I forgot to mention that Bootleggers Inn makes their very own moonshine in all kinds of flavors.


I had a blue raspberry moonshine lemonade.  Mmmm.  We heard more great singers, Nick and Amanda.  Amanda Emerson asked us where we were from and said that we were a beautiful couple.  She got an extra tip from us for that.


Our friends left to go to their hotel and meet up with another crew who were stopping in Nashville for the evening on their way back from a vacation in Florida.  This crew consisted of Jon, Stephanie, Tom, Michelle, Keith, Jessie, Matt, Lindsey, and Ronnie.  Keane and I weren't ready for our second day nap yet, so we decided to find another bar.  We made our way to Honkey Tonk Central, a three-story bar!  We stayed in the first story though, had a few beers, and ran into a group of friends who were there for a bachelor party. 


From there, we went to Blue Moon Saloon.  I was intrigued by the singer instantly when he was singing I've Been Everywhere flawlessly at a very fast pace.  This was my second favorite bar.  


It was a dark, hole-in-the-wall bar and the music made me tap my feet.  I asked the singer, Austin Phillips, if they would play Lynyrd Skynyrd's Ballad of Curtis Lowe.  Then I asked if he would like a co-singer (Keane).  This was just too much fun.  He did so great.  He said when the band started playing, it took his breath away.  While Keane was singing, two different girls in the bar told me he was doing good. 

We paid our tab and were getting ready to leave when two more beers arrived.  We asked the bartender who they were from, and she pointed to a couple in the bar.  We sat with them and we made quick friends.  They are from Illinois and their names are Aaron and Katie.  Katie and Keane even had a mutual friend -- it's a small world we live in.  We finally decided it was time to switch into our evening wear and we offered Katie and Aaron a ride to their hotel, and then made it back to ours.  Keane's comment when he saw this picture of us was, "Who let the kid in the picture?"  I was likely even on my tippy toes.


We drove by Nashville's new convention center that has only been opened since May.  It is six city blocks big, ten stories down, and can hold four airliners!!


To be continued, one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...