During a rain storm the other day, Keane and I heard water dripping above our bedroom in the attic. Apparently water was leaking around a pipe in our ceiling (an easy fix), but our roof had rotted around a dormer above our front porch. Keane took a day off work and patched it up! He's quite handy like that!
Last weekend, we got lucky and got a mid-60 degree day in the middle of winter! Kylie had a basketball tournament two hours away, but Farrah and I stayed home to save everyone in our family from four hours on the road with baby Farrah. We started our day with a list and conquered most of the items. They included swinging for as long as Farrah wanted (but after an hour I had to call it quits) and go for a walk/stroller ride.
(She's ready to ride in the boat this summer - she didn't know what to do with her legs!)
Farrah came down with another cold that led to the start of a double ear infection and a sore throat, and with that came a pretty high fever that stuck around for a little while. I picked her up a little early Monday from daycare and kept her home Tuesday (went to the doctor and got antibiotics) and Wednesday. We spent a lot of extra time snuggling and being clingy, and I was able to appreciate motherhood in the aspect of caretaking and understanding and nurturing. It takes extra patience, but it comes so easily when it's your child and you can tell by looking at them that they aren't feeling the best, and that there's nowhere they'd rather be than on your lap.
(She didn't want to take her sunglasses off at the doctor's office)
(Talking to Dada on the phone - Helwhoa?)
She has been saying love you back to us, and her most commonly said phrase right now is TinkYou, Mommy. Over and over again, every time I had her something or help her do something - so sweet, so perfect. She also says So Sorry and it breaks your heart because usually she shouldn't even have to be sorry - haha. She is quick to run and get her toy vacuum when she sees Mommy get her vacuum out, and she bursts with giggles and laughter when Daddy gets home and plays with her and tickles her and flips her upside down. She loves to help Daddy check the moo's wa-wa.
Farrah is beginning to play with my hair and in those moments I come to the conclusion that this - this is what we have children for! It feels amazing. Her little hands are my favorite. Never a dull moment.





























No comments:
Post a Comment